The Directorate is responsible for domestic market development, branding, product development, capacity building and advisory services.
The functions of the Directorate shall include:
- Build capacity of SMEs and other business operators through training programmes;
- Coordinate Product development services, (design, styling, adaption, packaging, and labeling);
- Integrate Tanzania’s domestic market through provision of information on demand, production, supply and price of products.
- Advise the government on feasible market consistent policy interventions which are necessary in order to facilitate the integration of the domestic market.
- Advise the business community on feasible business strategies to promote better utilization of domestic production and trading potentials.
- To formulate business and marketing strategies, including growth plans for domestic market for locally produced goods
- Coordinate and implement consultancy services as per the Authority’s Mandate (incubation programmes, business write-ups, business plans, business coaching);
- Cooperate with technical institutions to develop optimal product portfolio, including new product development, quality management, product lifecycle management and creates the new product development roadmap.
- Formulate and coordinate mechanisms to monitor internal market systems and procedures.
- Advice and promote branding of Tanzanian products and services
The Directorate will be headed by a Director and will have three Sections as follows:
- Product Development;
- Capacity Building and Advisory Services;
- Branding Section
TAARIFA ZA BIASHARA
Bonyeza hapa chini kupakua Taarifa za Biashara