Reasearch and Planning
This Section is headed by a Manager and its activities comprise of: -
- Analyze TanTrade’s strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the business arena.
- Plan activities of the Authority such as formulating the Corporate Strategic Plans, Annual Operation Plans, monitoring their implementation and evaluation.
- Prepare project write ups, monitoring and evaluation of project oriented activities.
- Formulate, develop and improve research programmes.
- Supervision of all research and planning undertakings in TanTrade
- Monitor and evaluate projects and initiatives to ensure timely submission of projects reports
- Advise on the implementation of policies and procedures for research and planning
- Oversee the planning and execution of special research tasks which are in line with TanTrade’s strategic plan.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the Authority's research priorities
- Measure and monitor progress towards the achievement of country programme goals, advising on re-orientation and corrective action where necessary.
- Prepare regularly and annual reports on progress related to research and development activities
- Evaluate and interpret marketing research findings and recommending policy measures necessary for the efficient development of the nation’s external trade.
- Maintenance and development of marketing intelligence on prevailing conditions as well as on ‘Early Warning Signal System’ for the forecasting of future conditions of export and import trade
- Measure and monitor progress towards the achievement of country programme goals, advising on re-orientation and corrective action where necessary;
- Prepare regularly and annual reports on progress related to research and development activities.