The Section is headed by a Manager.
To provide expertise and services in procurement, storage and supply of goods and services to the Authority.
The Unit perform the following activities:-
- Manage all procurement and Disposal by tender activities of the Authority except adjudication and the award of contract,
- Support the functioning of the Tender Board
- Implement the decisions of the Tender Board.
- Act as a secretariat to the Tender Board
- Plan the procurement and disposal by tender activities of the Authority.
- Recommend procurement and disposal by tender procedures
- Check and prepare statements of requirements
- Prepare tendering documents.
- Prepare advertisements of tender opportunities
- Prepare contract documents
- Issue approved contract documents
- Maintain archive records of the procurement and disposal process
- Maintain a list or register of all contracts awarded,
- Prepare monthly reports for the Tender Board
- Prepare and submit to the management meeting quarterly report on the implementation of the annual procurement plan
- Co-ordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments of the Authority.
- Prepare other reports as may be required from time to time.