This Section will be headed by a Chief Internal Auditor.
To provide expertise and services on auditing and proper management of resources of the Authority,
The following are the functions of the Unit:
- Review and report on proper control over the receipt custody and utilization of all financial resources of the unit;
- Review and report on the conformity with financial and operational procedures laid down in any legislation or any regulation or instruction issued under such legislation and good accounting practice as from time to time defined by the Accountant General in order to avoid incurring obligations and authorizing payments to the extent which would ensure effective control over the expenditure of the unit;
- Review and report on the correct classification and allocation of revenue and expenditure accounts;
- Review and report on the reliability and integrity of financial operating data so that information provided allows for the preparation of accurate financial statements and other reports for the information of the unit and the general public as required by legislation;
- Review and report on the systems in place used to safeguard assets, and, as appropriate, the verification of the existence of such assets;
- Review and report on operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals;
- Review and report on the adequacy of action by a management in response to internal audit reports and assisting management in the implementation or recommendations made by the Controller and Auditor General; and
- Review and report on the adequacy of controls build into computerized systems in place in the unit.