Directorate of Trade Promotion
The Directorate of Trade Promotion shall be responsible for Market Development and Trade Promotion.
- Facilitate the use of Mwl. Nyerere Fair Ground for trade fairs and exhibitions by other fair organizers both from Tanzania and abroad.
- Organize sectorial trade fairs, exhibitions and Dar es Salaam International Trade Fair (DITF) at Mwl. Nyerere Trade Fair Ground and other centers in the Country.
- Identify products for display centers (Embassies, High Commission and Trade Centers Abroad).
- Accredit all trade fair organizers and trade fair venues
- Coordinate and service incoming and outgoing Trade Missions
- Coordinate and participate in overseas trade fairs, exhibitions and EXPOs.
- Coordinate Bilateral, Regional and Multilateral Trade Negotiations meetings
- Coordinate all cross border trade matters and programmes
- Coordinate Product Promotional Programmes (e.g Internal Export Market Project)
- Coordinate Customer Service Relation Management Programs (Customer Service Relations, customer Service Delivery and Customer Retention Programs)
This Directorate will be headed by the Director and will have two Sections
- Domestic Marketing
- External Marketing